Community Plus is a community development organisation that is government and self funded. The government funded programs include neighbourhood centre program with community centre sites in West End (West End Community House) and Yeronga (Yeronga Community Centre) with outreach in Annerley. The QSTARS (Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice & Referral Service) Program provides support and advice to tenants south of the Brisbane River.
Our vision: “active centres for stronger communities”.
Our purpose: In communities facing change Community Plus+ facilitates social justice, community empowerment, improved human relationships and enhanced quality of life.
- We act in accordance with the principles of social justice as we work with individuals, communities and institutions to address the imbalance of access, equity, rights and participation in the community.
- We make a difference in our community, working effectively with the community and our partners to achieve positive and lasting change for those most in need.
- We are caring, acting with warmth, kindness, sincerity, respect and dignity in all our interactions.
- We are respectful of each other, and base our relationships on honesty, fairness and trust.
- We empower the community, working with individuals to help them make the best choices for themselves, and with communities to contribute to the well-being of the whole community, strengthening community spirit and resilience.
- We are proactive in advocating for social and legal frameworks to protect vulnerable members of the community.
- We celebrate our successes, appreciate and pay tribute for the support we receive and value having fun together.