A VOICE FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN QUEENSLAND
EMPOWERING SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN QUEENSLAND
CONNECTING SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN QUEENSLAND
A vibrant, innovative and capable social enterprise sector in QLD that is sufficiently resourced and supported to achieve high social, cultural and environmental impact.
QSEC is an incorporated Association and represents ordinary and associate members. It has a democratically elected management committee.
Objectives and Aims
The Queensland Social Enterprise Council exists in order to:
- Promote social enterprise
- Provide a forum for discussion between social enterprises
- Carry out research into social enterprise
- Publish and speak on social enterprise
- Encourage the development of mechanisms such as social procurement and social enterprises funding for the advancement of social enterprise
- Advocate with governments, private sector and the charitable sector to facilitate development of social enterprise
- Liaise with other bodies interested in the development of social enterprise
- The contribution of enterprising solutions to challenging social problems
- Collaboration with business, government and local communities
- A judicious use of resources levered for maximum social impact
- Engage a wide group of stakeholders in governance and decision-making
Documents and resources for the benefit of the social enterprise sector in Queensland and for QSEC members.
- Funding opportunities
- Support networks
- Social procurement
- and more
Queensland Social Enterprise Stand-up Project
A special 6 month statewide project, directed and owned by a ‘Navigators Group’ of influencers, support organisations and representative bodies.
Stand Up Unconference
A collaborative weekend for doers and changemakers who want to build a collective vision for social enterprise in Queensland.